Chaplain and Celebrant
Stephen Hulbert is a Senior Chaplain and Wedding Celebrant ordained by the International Fellowship of Chaplains, specializing in inter-faith, nondenominational, and non-traditional weddings. Unlike chaplains and celebrants affiliated with a particular church and required traditions, Stephen is free to help you create a wedding ceremony and celebration that is a reflection of the two of you in every way. As your Chaplain or Celebrant, he’ll give you free rein and great suggestions for creating the wedding you desire.
Some couples wish a traditional ceremony with traditional vows. Others want bits and pieces of several traditions woven together, and many request Stephen’s assistance in creating a ceremony that is unique from start to finish – from the location to the vows and everything in between.
Our 4-step process is simple and can be scheduled quickly, unlike churches that require months of classes and preparation. The process is:
- Step 1: A free consultation to make sure we are a “fit” as the Chaplain or Celebrant for your wedding, and discuss other service options,
- Step 2: A meeting to plan your wedding vows,
- Step 3: A rehearsal at your chosen venue,
- Step 4: Stephen acts as Celebrant on your wedding day.
The day of the ceremony, we guarantee that as your Chaplain or Celebrant Stephen will:
- Arrive one hour prior to the wedding,
- Create the perfect ceremony and make sure everything runs smoothly,
- Witness the signing of the marriage license and mail it in to the State of Michigan.
Call 586 291 6293 to set up a first meeting and reserve a date for the ceremony.
Stephen’s research blended certain traditions from our Christian and Jewish backgrounds into a non-religious wedding ceremony that made people think about the true meaning of marriage and love. His kindness, sense of humor, and wedding planner skills & knowledge won us over from the start!