Who are you Hiring
for Your Wedding?
About Rev. Stephen Hulbert
Summed up, Stephen is a life-long learner…always working hard to be the best that he can be at everything he does!
Stephen is a Wedding Officiant, Senior Chaplain, Certified Professional Wedding Planner (C.P.W.P.), and Event Planner.
He has officiated and/or provided professional event services for over 400 weddings to date with a 100% satisfaction rating from happy couples throughout the Midwest.
In addition to his wedding-focused credentials, he is also a Butterfly Release Specialist, Music Educator, Beekeeper, Advanced Master Gardener, Master Composter and 2021 Utica Community Schools Teacher of the Year Nominee.
He has taught vocal and instrumental music in Utica Community Schools for over 20 years, and is currently the Music teacher at Wiley Elementary in Utica.
A Wealth of Expertise: Stephen’s Biography
Stephen graduated from Sterling Heights High School where he was a member of the “Sterling Silver” Show Choir. He began college at Macomb Community College and was a proud member of both the chamber choir and the “Macombers” Show Choir. He went on to earn his BA from Eastern Michigan University in Music Education and his MAT from Marygrove College.
During his tenure in Utica Community Schools, Mr. Hulbert has taught all grades ranging from K-12.
In the fall of 2008, Stephen completed both the Master Gardener Program and Master Composter Program offered through Michigan State University’s Macomb Extension. In the winter of 2009, he completed the chaplaincy course through the International Fellowship of Chaplains and was ordained as a Senior Chaplain.
Also in 2009, Stephen spent the school’s summer break in a gardening internship under the direction of Cheryl English of The English Landscape. Shortly after summer’s end, Stephen returned to Macomb Community College to take the Professional Wedding Planner course where he earned his Certified Professional Wedding Planner credential. At that time, Stephen launched his company Hulbert Enterprises, DBA: Hulbee Officiating Weddings and Events.
During the Winter of 2010 Stephen took his passion for weddings further by completing all the courses offered by Macomb Community College. He was awarded a certificate in Basic Floral Design. He officially began planning and officiating weddings in Spring 2010.
It was also in 2010 that Stephen completed the beginning beekeeping course offered through the Southeastern Michigan Beekeepers Association and he began keeping honeybees of his own. The summer of 2010 brought another wonderful opportunity to serve as an intern under the direction of Iris Underwood at Yule Love It Lavender Farm.
Stephen’s education, experience and credentials continue on across a variety of disciplines:
- Awarded certificate in Food Safety Training and the Michigan Cottage Food Law through the Michigan State University Macomb Extension
- Course completion of Oakland University’s “The Teaching of Beekeeping to Students” under the direction of Dr. Dyanne Tracy on Beaver Island, MI
- Completion of all four courses of the Wilton Method of Cake Decorating through Sugar Art in Romeo, Michigan
- Achievement of ServSafe certification
- Stephen began and completed a number of learning opportunities in knitting and making knitted items and gifts
- Completion of the Michigan State University Macomb Extension course “Citizen Planner”
- Completion of the health and wellness program “Take Time for Your Life” under the direction of Marcie Wagner
- Began Michigan Residential Builders Pre-License 60-hour certification course through CBT Development
- Began studies to become certified as a RYS200 yoga instructor through Red Lotus Yoga, Rochester MI under the direction of Brian Granader
One of Stephen’s biggest life dreams came true in the summer of 2019 as Stephen spent the summer learning under the direction of Marty Knox (owner of Ridge Boiler Works and previous chief mechanical engineer of 17 years for the Huckleberry Railroad) Stephen spent the summer with Marty learning all about boilers, getting his hands dirty learning to weld and build 1.5” scale / 7.5-gauge steam locomotives. He hopes to use this knowledge to lay track and have a 7.5-gauge train run the perimeter of his 20 acres of property in Metamora, MI.
In addition to the above, Stephen spends his free time remodeling his house, gardening, doing calligraphy, stained glass, cake decorating, pottery, knitting, weaving, spinning and beekeeping.